Make 2 little ancestor dolls by taking a y – shaped green stick having the length from you elbow to your fingers and a shorter straight stick that you tie across the y – stick to create a stick doll. ( to eliminate confusion put the Y upside down and the put the straight stick across the top part and a stick figure emerges) The first doll you wrap in colored yarn and acknowledge with each turn every single appreciation you have for your ancestors. You have the choice to work with a single ancestor or with your lineage as a whole. You can use one or more colors. On the second doll you carve multiple incisions with a thank you for each challenge you encountered with them or what has been passed down the lineage. Save the carved slivers on your shrine at home.
What to bring for ceremony
– The two stick dolls, one carved and one wrapped in yarn
– Bring a 10 inch square piece of cloth of natural material (cotton, silk etc.) that is either connected to your ancestors, express some colors they wore, or has some other emotional meaning to you related to your Ancestors.
– Bring some food that your ancestors made or liked if you remember that and bring a little ancestor cup and dish.
– Bring an unscented candle in a safe holder
– A small red shrine cloth, images of your ancestors if you have them and or items that belonged to them
– Extra natural yarn (cotton, wool, silk etc.)
– Flowers and a natural feather
– Extra warm clothing
– A carved pumpkin
– Your potluck dish (see below for details)
Cost for the day $75
Overnight possibilities for $35 a night lodge, $15 a night tenting
We will each bring a potluck dish to cover our meals.
You can contact Katja at email@example.com
Or Laney at firstname.lastname@example.org
A PayPal link will be set up to hold your space as it is limited to 20 participants.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received before October 25 will be refunded minus $5 for processing and handling fee. October 26 and after will be partially refunded, the day before or the day of the event will not be refunded. Thank you for your understanding.